About the author - Dick Bergeson was born in Princeton, Minnesota and graduated from the University of Minnesota with a B.S. degree. He worked in corporate life and operated 2 businesses. Dick has been married to Leone for over 50 years. Together they have five children,19 grandchildren and one great grandchild.
His profound conversion in 1977 gave him a hunger for Scripture and the impetus to serve the Lord in the following ways:
- Spearheaded "Year of the Family" in Winona, Minnesota in 1980
- Coordinated yearly Life in the Spirit Seminars
- Led Glory of God Prayer Community for 20 years
- Attended yearly conferences and retreats
- Initiated and coordinated retreats by bringing in priests and other religious to teach in an effort to fortify our faith
- Emceed and gave teachings at the Upper Midwest Charismatic Conferences
- Has given countless teaching on a variety of facets of the faith
- Sponsored and led Bible studies for 15 years
- Initiated a healing team under the authority of his Pastor, after taking courses on Healing prayer (both courses were endorsed or sponsored by Dioceses)
- Coordinated programs of renewal for priests and lay people
- Brought renewal programs, such as Alpha and That Man is You, to his parishes
- Most recently he has coordinated the CityWide Bible Studies and is on the board of Aquinas Catholic Radio in Dubuque, Iowa where he now resides.
Dick has worked tirelessly to evangelize Catholics, especially his own children.
Return to main page